Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said he could see the NBA adding a third round to its draft. Kentucky coach John Calipari loathes that idea. Calipari, via Alex Scarborough of ESPN: “If anybody supports more rounds in the draft, those more rounds are to get kids to go to the G League, you do not care about college basketball or you’re trying to ruin college basketball,” Calipari said. “After two years they don’t perform, what? The NBA is going to take care of them and hire them? No. It’s entertainment. You’re done,” Calipari said. “If they’re not going to the NBA, if we’re really about young people, we should encourage them to go to college,” he said. “And the reason is their way out is through education. Their way to break through to the American dream is education.” The most overlooked and most important aspect of this debate: The draft is an anti-labor mechanism. Sure, players get dressed up and celebrate getting picked. They treat it as an honor. But the draft serves to limit players and give power to teams. Drafted players can negotiate a contract with only one NBA team. They can’t use other NBA teams for leverage. First-rounders… Read full this story
- Michigan coach John Beilein has a simple message to all of college basketball's cheaters: 'Get the heck out of the game'
- 2018 NBA Draft: 12 players outside the lottery that will out-perform their draft position
- 2018 NBA Draft: What top ten picks are the most likely to be busts?
- Why the Boston Celtics should not look overseas in the NBA Draft
- Sixers select Villanova's Mikal Bridges with No. 10 pick in 2018 NBA draft
- Kentucky's John Calipari: Basketball can't 'screw up' changes to NBA Draft, recruiting
- College basketball’s top 25 teams in 2018-19, according to us
- Ex-USC guard De’Anthony Melton hopes to show he’s worthy of NBA draft pick after lengthy absence from competition
- Charlotte Hornets got it wrong (twice!) with their first pick of 2018 NBA draft
- Duke's Marvin Bagley is predicted to be a top NBA draft pick. Here's when he could go.
John Calipari against adding third round to NBA draft: ‘You’re trying to ruin college basketball’ have 354 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.