AN INSTAGRAM model has been blasted after claiming shampoo could be causing us to gain weight. Eleni Chechopoulos, from the US, told her 11,000 followers their “battle with the scales” could be down to their choice of hair wash. The controversial post has been branded “ridiculous” by an expert and “fatphobic” by horrified Twitter users. Posting last week, alongside a picture of her holding a bottle of Pantene Pro-V, Eleni said: “Is your shampoo making you gain weight?”First it’s calories, then it’s hormones, then it’s gut health… now it’s my shampoo?! “You count every calorie that passes your lips, but your weight won’t budge… Managing your weight isn’t only about calories in vs calories out!” In her lengthy rant, Eleni claims chemicals called “obesogens” – found in shampoo, toothpaste, make-up and perfume – “disrupt HOW your body creates and stores fat”. She added: “Even though you eat healthy and exercise every day, you still might battle the scale because of your SHAMPOO.”She based her argument on mice studies – and her claims have been dismissed by Belinda MacDougall, CEO of Australia’s fastest-growing health food company The Healthy Happy Co. Belinda told news.com.au: “To say shampoo is the reason we are overweight is… Read full this story
- Health influencer is labeled 'fatphobic' and 'unethical' after warning followers that their SHAMPOO could be making them gain weight
- Model who claimed she's 'too beautiful' to find love reveals she's finally bagged a man thanks to a relationship coach who insists dating MULTIPLE men at the same time is the key
- Starvation diets, obsessive training and no plus-size models: Victoria’s Secret sells a dangerous fantasy
- Meet South Korea's binge eating YouTube stars: Thousands watch videos of young men and women consuming colossal amounts of food as bizarre 'mukbang' trend hits the U.S.
- Ariel Winter shows off her slimmed down figure as she hits the gym after revealing switching anti-depressants led to her weight loss
- The Instagram influencers hired to rehabilitate Saudi Arabia's image
- The Wing: how an exclusive women's club sparked a thousand arguments
- Thailand Women live up to lofty expectations
- Why I wish women DID rule the world: As Martin Amis said it's time men took a back seat...
- Would you try the 'summer shift'? Racy new beach trend sees women stretching bikini bottoms up around their waists for VERY lengthened legs
Instagram model ridiculed for claiming SHAMPOO is the reason women gain weight have 391 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 30, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.