The challenge: When Mike and Kate Bisanz decided to buy their 1947 stucco Cape Cod in St. Louis Park, they knew it needed work. “But the house was affordable and had potential,” said Kate, noting its desirable location near Minikahda Club. “We would fit in improvements in the future.” The previous owner had updated the kitchen right before selling in 2010, but the dark cherrywood cabinets, black and brown granite countertops and glass mosaic backsplash just weren’t the couple’s style. “It didn’t have the home’s 1940s charm of the arches, white woodwork and plaster walls,” said Kate. The couple also hoped for a larger, open and airy kitchen and a separate formal dining area to replace a small dinette, as well as to add a new back entry/mudroom. “We wanted space to entertain, work and sit down and eat,” said Kate, “and a dining area for up to 10 people.” The final request was to accomplish the remodeling project within the Cape Cod’s existing footprint. The designer: Jean Hoffmann, Chester-Hoffmann & Associates, International Market Square, 275 Market St., Mpls. 612-455-2240, Chesterhoffmann.com. The contractor was Hoxie Homes & Remodeling, Waconia, hoxiehomes.com. Better use for a back porch: The outdated boxy back… Read full this story
- St. Louis Park Businesses: Open Or Closed? Let Customers Know
- Vintage, Spacious Cape Cod, Grand Living Room, Formal Dining Room
- Classic Cape On The Market In Simsbury
- Custom Cape Has Great Curb Appeal
- No exit strategy... do it yourself: Homebase reopens, DIY-ers flock to B&Q and groups of traveller covidiots are dispersed from park... but is now REALLY the time to buy a lazy spa or queue for an ice cream?
- What’s open and closed this weekend: Beaches, parks and trails in Southern California
- Avoiding Easter crowds: What’s open and closed among beaches, parks and trails in Southern California
- As of April 22: What’s open and closed among Southern California beaches, parks and trails
- As of April 15: What’s open and closed among beaches, parks and trails in Southern California
- Sprechen Sie Corona? How the pandemic is creating new slang around the world - including On-nomi in Japan and Coronaspeck in Germany
Creating a 'timeless' kitchen in a St. Louis Park Cape Cod have 356 words, post on www.startribune.com at October 19, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.