After two days of restricting users in Vietnam, air quality application AirVisual is back for them to download on October 8 night, local media reported. Independent online air quality index monitor AirVisual said on October 7 that it was under “coordinated attack” to discredit the company after its data showed Hanoi has at times topped its list of 90 major polluted cities. “AirVisual has received abusive and threatening messages posted on Facebook and on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store,” it said in a statement on Monday, explaining why the AirVisual apps and Facebook page were not accessible in Vietnam. A scene of Hanoi city from above after rain. Photo: Hung Nam The attack came after Vietnamese Facebook user Vu Khac Ngoc, an online chemistry teacher whose had more than 300,000 followers, said that AirVisual was manipulating its data in order to sell air purifiers made by its parent company, and urged people to boycott the application. However, Ngoc later admitted that he had made a mistake because he did not understand AirVisual’s mechanism, and apologized to the people who developed the app. AirVisual said it worked with Apple, Google and Facebook to confirm that it has been… Read full this story
- ‘It’s Making Clairton Sick’: Poor Air Quality Impacting Clairton, Liberty Areas
- Bay Area Air Quality Officials: It’s Illegal To Burn Gift Wrapping Paper
- Air Quality Improves In Mon Valley After Pollution Plagues The Area
- Hanoi eyes better air quality monitoring
- Hanoi blames metal, plastic recycling for near-fatal air quality
- Don't hold your breath: Louisiana waiting on air quality news that could affect business, gas prices
- Dyson Tested Air Quality in Delhi NCR Homes, And Pollution is a Serious Problem Indoors
- Air quality continues to remain poor in Northern provinces
- DEP Issues Code Orange Air Quality Action Day For Part Of Allegheny Co.
- Delhi air quality falls to 'very poor' category, AQI dips to 363
Air quality app is back for users in Vietnam after "concerted attack" have 316 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.