In its 45th season, Saturday Night Live is still the center of political satire on television. The recent talks about impeachment weighed heavy over the show but allowed some new faces to display their talents. Easily the highest-profile aspect of SNL is its cold open. This segment sets up the tone and content of the show, and sometimes for a few episodes to follow. The impressions and jokes are centered around what’s happening in the country as far as politics and national news. Recently, these cold opens have been dominated by President Trump, as played by Alec Baldwin, and his many, many outlandish behaviors. SNL 45 decided to continue this and beat the audience over the head with Baldwin’s tiring impression. The impeachment, the whistleblower, and all the surrounding topics are hit with a flurry of appearances, new and old, of castmates and celebrities. Ultimately, it just fell flat and felt fatigued. However, the show came out strong afterward and carried that energy forward. The highlight of the premiere, the Democratic debates, featured strong impressions by Maya Rudolph as Kamala Harris, new cast member Bowen Yang as Andrew Yang, new cast member Chloe Fineman as Marianne Williamson, and Larry David’s… Read full this story
- Meet Your New
- Impeachment shadows Trump on trip to NATO leaders meeting
- Falling impeachment support raises pressure for Democrats on trade
- The Hill's Morning Report — Pelosi makes it official: Trump will be impeached
- Pressure grows on GOP leaders to hold line ahead of impeachment trial
- Tiffany Haddish oozes glamour in a plunging satin gown as she joins chic co-star Melissa McCarthy at The Kitchen premiere in LA
- Let’s Cast Oliver Stone’s Inevitable Donald Trump Biopic
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dem dilemma on articles of impeachment
- Will impeachment hurt Democrats or Trump?
- Editorial Roundup: New York
Impeachment looms over SNL 45, new cast shines in premiere have 296 words, post on fansided.com at September 29, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.