China must stop violating Vietnam’s sovereignty and immediately withdraw all ships out of Vietnamese exclusive economic zone (EEZ) in the East Sea, which is referred to as the South China Sea in Vietnam, Spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) has demanded. Spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang of Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Photo: Nhat Minh “Vietnam demands Beijing stop violations and withdraw all ships out of Vietnamese EEZ without escalating tensions which threaten peace and stability in the South China Sea,” Spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang said at a periodical press conference on August 22. On August 16, the MOFA reported that Chinese survey ship Haiyang Dizhi 8 and escorts, which encroached Vietnamese waters in early July, returned to Vietnam’s Bai Tu Chinh (Vanguard Bank) which lies entirely within the country’s EEZ and continental shelf. Spokeswoman Hang once again affirmed “the area which the Chinese ships are deploying is totally within Vietnamese territorial waters defined in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982.” “Vietnam’s maritime authorities are exerting all rights to protect Vietnam’s sovereignty, sovereignty rights and jurisdiction which are in line with Vietnamese and international law,” Hang… Read full this story
- Philippines 'Firing Off' Diplomatic Protest Over Chinese Ships' Reported Presence in Its Waters
- “Who is the real trouble-maker in the South China Sea?” – A few words to Ambassador Ning Fukui
- Trump touches down in Osaka for crush of intense diplomatic talks with Putin and China at the G20 - but not before Air Force One Twitter rampage blasting India for 'unacceptable' tariffs, insulting hosts Japan and saying China 'is going down tubes'
- East Sea: China needs to change behavior for its own sake
- China has no waters at the Vanguard Bank
- China is making waves in the East Sea
- The rights of Vietnam, a member of UNCLOS
- Chinese brings ships back to Vietnam’s waters
- Potential risks for Vietnam's exports to U.S.
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta needs to be innovative to overcome climate change: experts
Vietnam demands China immediately withdraw vessels from its waters have 342 words, post on www.hanoitimes.vn at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.