Many of us as children express extravagant wishes, which we later discover to be unrealisable. But our new prime minister declared in childhood that he wanted to be king of the world, and for him that has not changed. In pursuit of his ambition, he lies shamelessly, showing no embarrassment when he is found out. We’ll tell you what’s true. You can form your own view. From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 a day, more exclusives, analysis and extras. Subscribe now He believes he can solve the problem of the Irish backstop, caring not at all that his “solution” might well result in the destruction of the Good Friday Agreement and lead to a resumption of violence in Northern Ireland. He is convinced that he can get us out of the EU with a deal on 31 October. This depends on the EU making concessions, and on parliament voting for it. Neither of these outcomes is at all certain, and Mr Johnson seems quite unaware that they are not in his power. His belief is therefore a delusion. If he is thwarted it will be because of the intransigence of the EU or of parliament. If he persists in leaving without a… Read full this story
- British PM Boris Johnson sends unsigned letter seeking Brexit delay
- ALL children back in school from March 8 and you can have a picnic in the park: Boris Johnson prepares lockdown loosening with pubs and restaurants 'set for al fresco reopening in APRIL'
- Boris Johnson joked about 'amply-proportioned' and 'starch-bosomed' nurses in old columns
- Rebel MPs warn Boris Johnson there is ‘no justification’ for Covid restrictions to still be in place at start of May
- Hancock tries to get his boss off the hook after Boris Johnson is spotted on SEVEN MILE bike ride as public are told no stopping for a chat - as PM claims vaccine rollout has made us 'complacent' and deaths rise 30% in a week
- Commentary: What happens now when Boris Johnson, Brexiteers control Britain?
- Newspaper editors demand probe into Boris Johnson's 'information blacklist team'
- Boris Johnson drops in on a Year 6 virtual Zoom class as he praises teachers and parents for 'rising to the unique challenges' of home schooling
- UK's Boris Johnson sparks outrage after forcing suspension of parliament
- Boris Johnson Due to Roll Out Four-Stage 'Roadmap' to Scrap UK COVID Lockdown
Letters: Boris Johnson’s ‘charming’ side is unravelling have 382 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.