Iran is ready to hold negotiations with the United States if Washington lifts sanctions against Tehran, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday. “We are always ready for negotiation. I tell you this hour and this moment to abandon bullying and lift the sanctions and return to logic and wisdom. We are ready,” the Iranian Mehr News Agency quoted Rouhani as saying. Leaders of France, Germany and Britain, European signatories of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement said on Sunday they are “extremely concerned” about the escalating tension in the Gulf region, which they said is likely to put the accord at risk unless the concerned parties join the same table of talks. In May last year, Washington unilaterally abandoned the Iran nuclear deal and restarted to sanction Iran. On May 8, Iran stopped implementing some of its commitments under the deal and set a 60-day deadline for the Europeans to help Iran reap the economic benefits of the deal. On July 7, as the deadline expired, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi announced that Iran was ready to begin enriching uranium beyond the 3.67-percent level set in the Iran nuclear deal, adding that Tehran would go on gradually abandoning… Read full this story
- Rouhani hails 'golden page' in Iran's history as sanctions lifted
- Iran's Khamenei welcomes sanctions lift, warns of U.S. "deceit"
- Russia, Turkey, Iran to hold Syria talks
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds talks with Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen
- US, N.Korea to hold talks this week seeking 'interim' deal
- North, South Korea to hold talks before possible Pyongyang summit
- Vietnamese, Singaporean Deputy PMs hold talks
- NA Chairwoman holds talks with Swiss President of Council of States
- Vietnamese, Japanese defence ministers hold talks
- PM holds talks with Indonesian President
Iran ready to hold talks with U.S. if sanctions lifted: Rouhani have 289 words, post on famagusta-gazette.com at July 14, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.