Sometimes, one play, one moment, one decision can change everything — or maybe only a little bit. Either way, it can be fun to imagine the various timelines if one thing had gone differently. SB Nation NFL is looking at those hypotheticals, alternate universes, and made-up scenarios in our second annual “What If?” week. You can follow along with every story here. At the 2016 NFL Draft, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn’t get what he wanted. And yet, he got exactly what he needed. Dallas entered that year’s offseason with an aging Tony Romo behind center and no sure plan for succession behind him. That threw the Cowboys — once home to Don Meredith, Roger Staubach, and Troy Aikman — into an earnest search for their next quarterback. And with prime position in a draft filled with passing talent, they had a solid opportunity to find Romo’s heir apparent. Jones passed up the opportunity to trade up from No. 4 to select either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, deciding instead to settle for running back Ezekiel Elliott rather than pay a premium for the duo who went one-two in the draft. This was fine for the longtime owner and de… Read full this story
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Predicts the NFL Will Change Stance on Marijuana
- Cowboys' Jerry Jones 'impressed' with Lincoln Riley, Matt Rhule but has reservations about collegiate coaches
- Cowboys' Jerry Jones on NFL's current marijuana ban: 'We can expect an adjustment'
- Jerry Jones seems to suggest Cowboys won’t hire a college coach
- WATCH: Jerry Jones Confronted By Protesters Outside NFL Meeting
- ‘Nope, Sorry. He’s Ours,’ XFL Blocked Pittsburgh Steelers From Signing QB Landry Jones, Phillip Walker In 2019
- Orlando Jones Says “Fired” From ‘American Gods’ For “Wrong Message For Black America”; Gabrielle Union Wants To “Chat”
- 2016: The Year in Asian-Americans Fighting Back in Hollywood
- Former Patriots Draft Pick Cyrus Jones Undergoes Successful Open Heart Surgery
- England 37-21 Australia: Red Rose cap sublime 2016 in style but Jones demands World Cup improvement
Jerry Jones is lucky he didn’t draft who he wanted in 2016 have 327 words, post on www.sbnation.com at June 24, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.