When Doug Carr wanted to find out what happened to his grandfather’s long lost 1968 Ford Torino, he assumed the internet would be the answer. “I was thinking computers and online,” said the 40-year-old Ohio man. But months of online sleuthing and inquiries to vintage car groups failed to turn up anything. “It was a needle in a haystack,” Carr said, “and I was a little discouraged.” That’s when his father-in-law, Mike Legg, suggested an old-school tool: the venerable newspaper want ad. Carr believed his grandfather sold his Torino around 13 years ago to someone from Minnesota. So last summer, Legg started running ads in the Star Tribune’s classified section that read, “Grandson seeking to find grandfather’s blue 1968 Ford Torino sold from Oceanside, CA to MN around 2006.” The Torino was the pride and joy of Carr’s grandfather, Thomas Carr, a bus driver from Pittsburgh who moved to California after he retired. The Torino GT with a 200-horsepower V-8 was purchased new by Thomas Carr’s sister, who sold it to her brother in the 1990s when she got too old to operate the four-speed manual transmission. Thomas Carr restored it and sent pictures of the car to his grandson…. Read full this story
- Rolling Stones set to release unheard tracks from 1973 album... including long-lost song with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page
- Watch: The moment Katie Holmes fell for 'ladies man' Jamie Foxx, who then 'cut back his roster'
- Authorities: 1 dead after tornadoes hit western Minnesota
- Man in Joker Mask Allegedly Torched a Police Vehicle in Chicago
- Police launch murder probes after man, 30, is stabbed to death in south London knife attack and another is fatally shot on weekend of bloodshed in the capital
- Lost Rolling Stones song with Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page to be released
- Pet rabbit thought lost shows up alive in couch after three weeks
- French Princess Hermine of Clermont-Tonnerre in coma after ‘serious’ car crash
- 'Stay safe, little buddy': Adorable moment a driver gets out of his car to help a lost koala cross the road
- Richard Long goes for a walk through boyhood haunts with latest sculpture
How a man tracked down his grandpa's long lost car in Minnesota have 344 words, post on www.startribune.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.