A group of young women in Nacogdoches, Texas, say they’re on a mission to clear their friend’s name after they say an off-duty police officer doing security at an apartment complex used excessive force in arresting her and another one of their group. Tanjuniqua Brown and DreAuna Williams tell KTRE that they and a group of about eight other women were simply hanging out Wednesday night in a parking lot at The Overlook of Nacogdoches apartment complex when they say a man approached them. Advertisement “He walked up to us in regular clothes and said, ‘Who lives here?’ He was hostile from the beginning,” Brown said. The man, dressed in shorts and a T-shirt, turned out to be an off-duty Nacogdoches police officer who lives in the complex and was doing security for the development as a courtesy, P In an altercation that followed and was captured in dashcam footage released Thursday by the NPD, the off-duty officer appears to take down to the ground at least one woman, identified by police as Lindsey Ogbonna, 19, of Nacogdoches. Ogbonna was arrested on resisting arrest charges. Advertisement “He tackled her,” Brown said of the officer, who was not named by police…. Read full this story
- Kansas Police Release Video of Cop ‘Accidentally’ Shooting Motorist Instead of Tasing Him
- Shocking body cam footage shows Texas cop accidentally shooting dead a homeless woman, 30, while firing at her barking dog
- Stephon Clark's Brother Stevante Arrested on Suspicion of Threats, Meanwhile, the Cops Who Killed His Brother Are Back On Duty
- 'My Trust Is Completely Broken': Dyma Loving, Brutally Arrested After Calling Police for Help, Speaks Out
- Former Firefighter Arrested for Hanging Doll with Noose Outside His Black Neighbor's Apartment
- Police Reportedly Let Dahvie Vanity Off With a Warning After a Teenager Accused Him of Sexual Assault
- Woman Violently Arrested After Calling Miami-Dade Police for Help Files Civil Rights Lawsuit
- Stephen Lawrence's dad can't forget how the police treated his family
- Gina Ortiz Jones Could Make History in Texas's 23rd
- Louisiana police chief apologizes to family of a black man shot and killed by a cop who 'should have never been hired'
Police in Texas Investigating After Off-Duty Cop Tackles Young Woman to Ground in Altercation at Apartment Complex have 349 words, post on www.theroot.com at April 12, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.