Huw Bennett says Wales will travel to Japan later this year with the sole aim of winning the World Cup for the first time. The 51-cap Test hooker, who was in Japan this week putting the final touches to the preparations at the Kitakyushu training base, said Wales would not be daunted by the expectation that inevitably comes with a 14-match winning streak.’Gatland not the only coach out there’Team of the week”Right from the off we are coming to the World Cup to win it,” said Wales assistant strength and conditioning coach Bennett after hosting a coaching clinic for local children in the city on the southern island of Kyushu. “There is no doubt about that. Currently we are second in the world, just won a Grand Slam, we are 14 out of 14.” Under head coach Warren Gatland, Wales have built a squad they believe can beat anyone in the world.They have conquered Ireland, England, France, South Africa, Australia and Argentina during their unbeaten run, with their last loss coming against Ireland in February 2018.They begin their World Cup campaign against Georgia on September 23 but many in the principality are wishing the tournament could start tomorrow. Hurricanes vs… Read full this story
- Bad weather leaves England squad stranded in airport ahead of Rugby World Cup
- Ireland name Rugby World Cup squad six days early after leak angers Joe Schmidt
- Danny Care Rugby World Cup exclusive: 'It stings that someone from another country is picked ahead of you'
- Rugby World Cup 2023: England draw Japan; Wales to face Australia; Ireland and Scotland get South Africa
- Rugby World Cup 2023: Eddie Jones says he will send his 'spies' out to Japan ahead of Pool D fixture
- Gregor Townsend: Scotland head coach to lead country into 2023 Rugby World Cup
- Steve Thompson, 42, ‘can’t remember winning Rugby World Cup’ after England icon diagnosed with early onset dementia
- England get dream World Cup 2023 group stage draw with Eddie Jones’ side taking on his old team Japan in France
- England 18-7 Ireland rugby LIVE RESULT: Jonny May’s spectacular try secures Autumn Nations Cup win for Red Rose
- Rugby union needs to be about spontaneity again and not obedience
Wales coach Huw Bennett targeting maiden Rugby World Cup win in Japan have 355 words, post on www.skysports.com at March 27, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.