Irish business leaders rank lowest in Europe when it comes to realising the benefits of environmentally-friendly approaches with only 45% seeing EU and global environmental regulations, including the Paris Agreement, as an enabler of success. The findings were revealed in new research, commissioned by Ricoh Europe, involving 2,550 business leaders from across 24 countries. A total of 100 business leaders from Ireland were surveyed in the study which revealed that businesses in Turkey, Spain, Italy, and Switzerland scored highest in terms of achieving success from being more focused on the environment. Compared to the European average of 56%, Ireland falls behind. Moreover, 60% of Irish respondents say that sustainability is nice to have but not a critical aspect of their business. This is despite the fact that 59% of Irish respondents believe that sustainability will become an increasingly important success factor for an organisation as it grows. Gary Hopwood, managing director, Ricoh Ireland, said: “It’s very disappointing that Irish business leaders are not focusing on more sustainable business strategies and processes. Not only is it detrimental to the planet but it is also naïve considering that care for the environment is now increasingly important for prospective customers and employees. It… Read full this story
- Chicago city officials investigating pharmacy benefit managers' business practices including 'gag clause'
- Northern Ireland woman should have access to abortion in Republic, says McDonald
- Lip service for sustainable businesses not enough
- India may miss solar, wind energy targets by 2022, says survey
- Only 9 percent of millennials interested in cybersecurity careers, says survey by Denver’s ProtectWise
- Punctuality key to sustained business
- Ireland abortion referendum results – what do the exit polls say after the vote?
- Record increase in tourism benefits Staten Islanders, study says
- Bernie Sanders derides Amazon’s business practices, Bezos’ wealth
- To save Iran deal, Europe must boldly protect business against US sanctions
Ireland ranks lowest in Europe for realising benefits of sustainable business practices, says survey have 302 words, post on irishtechnews.ie at March 11, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.