Justin Hoyte is enjoying his adventure with MLS newcomers FC Cincinnati. Adam Bate caught up with the former Arsenal defender to look back on memories of the Invincibles and ahead to an exciting new challenge… It was a tough introduction to Major League Soccer for expansion team FC Cincinnati as they were beaten 4-1 away to Seattle Sounders on the opening weekend of the season. It doesn’t get any easier either as they travel to Atlanta United to take on the champions on Sunday, but for one veteran defender this is the return to the big time that he craved.Justin Hoyte made 68 appearances for Arsenal early in his career, even featuring in their famed ‘Invincible’ season. He last played in the Premier League for Gareth Southgate’s Middlesbrough in 2009 and went on to represent Dagenham and Redbridge in League Two before embarking upon this American adventure. The decision has been vindicated. “I made an amazing choice to come out here and I am really enjoying it,” Hoyte tells Sky Sports. “Getting back in a top league is a major achievement and it’s something I wanted to do. I am lucky enough to be part of something big here. Playing… Read full this story
- Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Tottenham SLAM Prem after game POSTPONED, Vlahovic ‘£58million bid’, Aubameyang LATEST
- Transfer news LIVE: Benitez ‘close to Everton sack’, Chelsea ‘£33.3m Frenkie de Jong BID’, Haaland update – latest
- Transfer news LIVE: Chelsea leading Tchouameni race, Erling Haaland LATEST, Christensen Blues exit – updates
- January transfer window: What every Premier League club needs to do before January 31
- Aoife O’Donovan’s Songs Poured Out When Touring Shut Down
Arsenal to FC Cincinnati: Justin Hoyte's adventure continues have 273 words, post on www.skysports.com at March 6, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.