Madam Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and my fellow Americans: We meet tonight at a moment of unlimited potential. As we begin a new Congress, I stand here ready to work with you to achieve historic breakthroughs for all Americans. Millions of our fellow citizens are watching us now, gathered in this great chamber, hoping that we will govern not as two parties but as one Nation. The agenda I will lay out this evening is not a Republican agenda or a Democrat agenda. It is the agenda of the American people. Many of us campaigned on the same core promises: to defend American jobs and demand fair trade for American workers; to rebuild and revitalize our Nation’s infrastructure; to reduce the price of healthcare and prescription drugs; to create an immigration system that is safe, lawful, modern and secure; and to pursue a foreign policy that puts America’s interests first. There is a new opportunity in American politics, if only we have the courage to seize it. Victory is not winning for our party. Victory is winning for our country. This year, America will recognize two important anniversaries that show… Read full this story
- Hollywood Attacks Trump After Border Address: 'Hitler-Ian Rhetoric'
- Donald Trump's unexpected praise for "funny", "smart" Camilla
- Last June, Donald Trump bragged about a Clinton-themed speech on day Trump Jr. set Russia meeting
- Donald Trump is "financially compromised" by Russia. Mueller didn't investigate, Congress must: Ex-federal prosecutor
- Steve Bannon hated his time in Donald Trump's administration: "There's no glamour to the job"
- From Hindi imposition to Donald Trump's fear of 'flying fruit': The world this week in 5 cartoons
- Donald Trump assigns blame and demands credit. But take responsibility? Never
- Donald Trump urges the Queen to punish Sussexes' 'disrespect'
- Donald Trump and Mike Lindell Should Cage Fight Over Whose New Social Media Site Is Actually Real
- Twitter, Facebook lock Donald Trump’s account after violence on Capitol Hill
Donald Trump's State of the Union address 2019 - full transcript have 324 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 6, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.