Liam Squire will leave New Zealand at the end of the year. The 27-year-old has announced he has signed a two-year deal with Japanese club NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes. He made his debut for Tasman in 2011 and has played for the Chiefs and the Highlanders – gaining a reputation as a hard hitting forward and a bruising defender. He represented the Maori All Blacks in 2013 and made his All Black debut in 2016. Since then he has played 23 matches for the national side and 44 Super Rugby games. “It seems like the right time to go. I have really loved my time in New Zealand with the Tasman Mako and in particular down here with the Highlanders,” he said. “It’s [Highlanders] a club that gave me a chance and I appreciate the support I have had in the South.” “I am certainly keen to have a really good last season with the guys.” It’s the same team fellow Highlander Marty Banks went to last year before returning home for this year’s Super Rugby season. Newshub.
- Winnipeg Jets star Patrik Laine happy to sign bridge deal with club
- Harry Wilson: Liverpool midfielder signs new deal with club
- Blake Austin to leave Canberra Raiders after signing three-year deal with Warrington
- Aron Gunnarsson signs new deal with Cardiff City
- Melbourne Victory announce signing of Ola Toivonen on two-year deal
- Borussia Dortmund sign former Augsburg goalkeeper Marwin Hitz to three-year deal
- Liam Kelly: Coventry City midfielder signs new three-year deal
- Patrick Corbin spurns Yankees, agrees with Nationals on six-year deal, per reports
- Done deal: Tony Watt signs one-year deal with St Johnstone
- Clare signs new deal to stay with Castleford Tigers
All Blacks: Liam Square signs two-year deal with Japanese club have 268 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at February 17, 2019. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.