VietNamNet Bridge – Hanoi People’s Committee has issued a plan to ensure traffic safety and reduce traffic congestion in the city in 2019.
Hanoi police direct traffic and handle violations. — VNA/VNS Photo Doan Tan
Accordingly, the city plans to deal with 8 to 10 remaining congestion hotspots from 2018 and limit the occurrence of new congestion points. As part of the plan, the maximum time spent stuck in traffic will not exceed 30 minutes.
Hanoi also aims to increase public transport by 6-8 per cent on average and traffic accidents will reduce by 5-10 per cent.
Agencies, sectors and localities are urged to raise public awareness on traffic safety laws.
The repair and installation of new traffic light systems at 27 intersections on the list of the targeted traffic congestion reduction programme is required to ensure progress and quality.
The city will accelerate the completion of traffic works which regularly cause traffic jams and push up the progress of the project to widen Lang Road from Cau Giay to Nga Tu So and repair Nguyen Trai and Tran Phu roads.
According to the Ha Noi Transportation Department, there were 643 cases of traffic accidents in the first six months of this year, killing 248 people and injuring 443 people.
As of July, three out of the 37 worst traffic spots had been eased and ten more points are expected to be dealt with by the end of this year.
- Bike ride aims to promote traffic safety and awareness of bicyclists
- Traffic Safety Technologies for Pedestrians
- Lime’s co-founder drops some big hints about the scooter company’s plans to increase safety features
- What new Samsung phone do you plan on buying in 2019?
- General Motors' restructuring plan ensures it'll be a 'winner in Auto 2.0' Morgan Stanley says (GM)
- Careful Location & Network Planning Ensures Gaining The Most Out Of Your Industrial HVLS Fans Investment
- Careful Location & Network Planning Ensures Getting The Most Out Of Your HVLS Fans Investment
- Facebook Enacting More Measures To Ensure Election Safety
- Hong Kong Protesters Plan ‘Airport Traffic Stress Test’
- Walmart to use blockchain to ensure food safety