An attempted prison escape in northern Brazil ended in tragedy on Tuesday, as 21 people died in a firefight that that took place when outsiders attempted to blast a hole in one of the jail’s walls. The violent event took place in the city of Belem, located on the edge of the Amazon River Delta, in the state of Para. A group of armed men attempted to storm the Santa Izabel Penitentiary Complex to help free the prisoners inside, who were also armed. Read more: Brazil to create new ministry for public security Authorities said that after the explosion, prison guards fought back in “an intense exchange of gunfire.” The situation was not under control until more police reinforcements arrived. At the conclusion of the incident, police were able to recover two rifles and five handguns at the scene. Of the 21 dead, 15 were armed individuals that tried to break into the jail, five were inmates and one was a prison guard, according to local media, citing official sources. Read more: Opinion: What path will Brazil take? Watch video 12:06 Share Journal Reporter – Prison Reform: Brazil behind Bars Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/1EIL1 Journal… Read full this story
- Watch Prison Break Episodes Online - Drama Behind Bars
- Build Bigger Muscles Fast With Dead Lifts!
- The Walking Dead's
- Taekwondo Training to Break Boards
- Card Counting, Blackjack, and Vegas - "21" Movie Review
- Should I Quit My Job? 11 Signs of a Dead-End Job in Disguise
- Deadly Animals You Don't Want to See on Your Holiday
- Impressions Inside The Mountain of Souls of The Dead (And The Canyon of Pain)
- My Husband Wants to Leave Me
- Training Your Dog The "Leave It" Command
Brazil prison break attempt leaves 21 dead have 283 words, post on www.dw.com at November 4, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.