PRINCESS Eugenie will tie the knot with Jack Brooksbank today at Windsor Castle today.
All the senior members of the Royal Family and a sprinkling of celebrities will be there, with the notable exception of Camilla Parker Bowles.
Why is Camilla Parker Bowles not at Princess Eugenie’s wedding today?
Prince Andrew and ex-wife Sarah Ferguson hoped to persuade her to go to their daughter’s big day — scheduled eight months ago.
But the 71-year-old said she is committed attending a school harvest festival event near her Scottish home Birkhall, believed to have been set up earlier.
Charles and Camilla are also hosting a long-planned weekend house party at Birkhall, their home on the Balmoral estate.
It has been reported she sent a handwritten apology letter to Eugenie explaining this.
There has, however, been speculation her no show is the result of a rift with Sarah Ferguson because of her loyalty to Princess Diana.
Tension with her Prince Andrew, her husband’s younger brother has also been reported as a reason for her absence at the wedding.
“It’s hard to see her turning down the invitation as anything other than a snub but she insists she has other engagements that she was invited to first,” a source told the Daily Telegraph.
Friends told the Daily Mail the decision was not a calculated snub.
“She is fond of Eugenie and her sister Beatrice, and is very disappointed that she cannot be there,” said one friend
The Queen, 92, Prince Philip, 97, and other Royals are due at St George’s Chapel and a castle reception.
Storm Callum hits UK with 76mph gales and heavy rain causing travel chaos
‘UK’s meanest traffic warden’ faces sack after boasting of tickets for nurses
Mum shares pic of daughter after her drink was spiked
BRIDE’S HURT REVISTED
Princess Eugenie to show life-changing back op scars at her wedding
STI-riddled Ladybirds invade Premier League stars’ homes as WAGs reveal outbreak
Australia ‘could be hit by 196ft tsunami sweeping 31 miles inland at any time ’
Around 400 guests will go on to an evening reception at Andrew’s Royal Lodge home.
Ex-waiter Jack is a brand ambassador for George’s Casamigos tequila firm.
Dean of Windsor David Conner will officiate at the ceremony, being shown on ITV’s This Morning.
- How old is Camilla Parker Bowles, could she be the next Queen and when was her wedding to Prince Charles?
- How old is Camilla Parker Bowles, could she be the next Queen and when did she marry Prince Charles?
- How old is Prince Charles, when was he married to Princess Diana and how long has he been with Camilla Parker-Bowles?
- Camilla Parker Bowles reveals she stole a mayor’s parking spot and then tried to lie her way out of trouble
- Camilla Parker-Bowles says she wouldn’t wish public backlash she received for dating Prince Charles on her ‘worst enemy’
- Camilla Parker Bowles shows off her Buckingham Palace ballroom moves with Strictly’s Craig Revel Horwood and Brendan Cole
- Camilla Parker Bowles’ TV chef son Tom splits with fashion writer wife after 12 years of marriage
- Princess Diana blasted Camilla Parker-Bowles over Prince Charles affair telling her ‘don’t treat me like an idiot’
- Princess Eugenie: proposal was a 'complete surprise'
- Another royal wedding as Princess Eugenie set to tie the knot