Great news! Wall Street loves the Democratic party again. According to a New York Times report on Sunday, financial industry employees are giving more to Democrats than Republicans for the first time in years: From donors in just the securities and investment sector, Democratic congressional incumbents and candidates have so far received $39.3 million in 2018, compared with $28 million for Republicans. That is a reversal from 2014, when Democrats raised $28 million and Republicans $41.5 million. In 2018, 15 of the top 20 congressional recipients of securities and investment industry cash are Democrats; in 2014, 15 of the top 20 were Republicans. The piece quotes Stephen Moore, the conservative economist and founder of Club for Growth, telling the truth about a midterm election that’s projected to be bleak for Republicans. “Wall Street is—and corporate America is—pretty famous for hedging their bets,” Moore told the paper. “They just want to follow winners. They just want to make sure they have access to the people who win. This is no exception.” Others do not tell the truth. The Times also spoke with Finn Wentworth, who founded a real estate investment firm and fundraised for the RNC in 2016, who said he’s… Read full this story
- Column: Where did Bernie’s revolution go wrong?
- No greater love hath Trump than to lay down your life for his re-election
- Coronavirus hits Florida economy in threat to Trump's re-election hopes
- Trump administration pushing fiscal stimulus in response to coronavirus crisis
- New York City is considering a 'shelter in place' order and Bill de Blasio says economic fallout could be on par with the Great Depression with the city poised to lose $3.2BILLION in tax revenue in the next six months
- ‘We’re Flying Blind’: Why Testing for Coronavirus Antibodies Will Matter
- The cult of the expert – and how it collapsed
- Liz Peek: Coronavirus -- Biden claims he could attack virus better than Trump. History says otherwise
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on coronavirus pandemic's impact on Michigan
- Kill List: Smashing the 'B' in BRICS
Wall Street Loves Democrats Again, We're All Going To Die have 322 words, post on splinternews.com at October 8, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.