ISTANBUL — Turkish officials have an audio recording of the alleged killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi from the Apple Watch he wore when he walked into the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul over a week ago, a pro-government Turkish newspaper reported Saturday.The new claim published by the Sabah newspaper, through which Turkish security officials have leaked much information about the case, puts more pressure on Saudi Arabia to explain what happened to Khashoggi.Also Saturday, Turkey’s top diplomat reiterated a call to Saudi Arabia to open up its consulate, from where Khashoggi disappeared, for Turkish authorities to search.The writer, who has written critically about Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, vanished after he walked into the consulate on Oct. 2. The kingdom has maintained the allegations against it are “baseless,” though an official early on Saturday — on Khashoggi’s 60th birthday — acknowledged for the first time that some believe the writer was killed by the kingdom.Authorities recovered the audio from Khashoggi’s iPhone and his iCloud account, the newspaper said. The journalist had given his phones to his fiancée before entering the consulate.The newspaper also alleged Saudi officials tried to delete the recordings first by incorrectly guessing Khashoggi’s PIN on the watch,… Read full this story
- Editorial: The new Services - Can Apple Arcade fuel iPhone growth in a slowing smartphone market?
- Everything you can watch on Apple TV+
- India: COVID claims lives of hundreds of journalists
- Why Apple's guidance correction is causing less panic versus 2019
- Apple and the Bot War on Apps
- Google I/O 2016: Android's failure to innovate hands Apple free run at WWDC
- 2021 12.9-inch iPad Pro review: Pro hardware without Apple's pro software
- Record 395 deaths, 24k fresh COVID-19 cases reported in Delhi
- The free U2 album 'Songs of Innocence' was a debacle for Apple fans on September 9, 2014
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Sights and sounds from Biden's UK visit
A missing journalist’s Apple Watch could have recorded evidence of his torture and death, Turkish newspaper reports have 315 words, post on www.tampabay.com at October 13, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.