Learn more about this new addition appearing at Maker Faire Rome this year. Rome September 2018 – Brand new to the 6th edition of Maker Faire Rome is the area dedicated to Space. It is realised by MFR in collaboration with the Italian section of the British Interplanetary Society, and the School of Aerospace Engineering of Rome Sapienza University. Among the highlights of this area will be: the legendary Apollo Guidance Computer, one of the greatest innovations of the Apollo program which 50th Anniversary will be celebrated; the 1:10 scale Saturn V rocket; a San Marco satellite with a stage of the Scout rocket that launched it. Other original historical artefacts will be on display and spaceflight simulators will be available for the public to interact with.The MAKER FOR SPACE AREA of MFR-2018 will provide a unique view and understanding of the practical aspects behind space engineering and will also discuss it in practical terms by getting to know the protagonists of yesterday and discovering the inventors of today. Special Maker Faire Rome 2108 guest Don Eyles, MIT programmer and engineer, crafted software as a real Maker for all Apollo lunar landing missions working on the just invented Apollo Guidance… Read full this story
- Under fire Huawei and foldable screens in focus at top mobile fair
- Communication Minister (European Robotics Forum): We must create a European robotics league
- Sign of life? Methane ‘spike’ on Mars confirmed by European spacecraft
- Budapest ignores EPP's last warning on Central European University
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Google: (Not) Brexit Day — Oettinger interview — Did Vestager kill Renzi?
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: Halloween horror show — Home to face the music — Aussie election fever
- Dublin Dance Festival celebrates 15th edition this May
- Italy triggers a strategic discussion on Sino-European relations
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Facebook: Letter from Athens — Election poetry — EU’s new ally in the east
- The Amsterdam IamExpat Fair is bigger and better than ever
“Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition” presents Makers for Space have 313 words, post on irishtechnews.ie at September 19, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.