MINISTERS were delivered a bleak Brexit prediction as the UK’s top negotiator warned there is “no chance” of getting a bespoke trade deal with the EU. The Prime Minister’s chief Brexit official Oliver Robbins reportedly briefed the Cabinet ahead of this week’s crunch Chequers talks and painted a bleak picture of the situation. A source told the Times they came out of the meeting thinking “we were even more screwed than we were before”. Mr Robbins reportedly said secretaries of state have to be “realistic” about what they can achieve. The senior ministers were given the warning ahead of crunch government talks at the PM’s Chequers country pile on Friday. There they will have to finally break the deadlock on what sort of arrangement Britain wants to negotiate with Brussels later this year. They were told they may have to choose a Norway-style deal in which Britain stays in the EU-run single market or strike a free trade deal that does not favour Brit businesses, The Times said. It comes as Downing Street is said to have produced a third model for handling customs after the UK leaves the EU. There have been wrangles over the two alternatives already suggested,… Read full this story
- Germany Warns Even if Deal Reached, Brexit Will Still be Delayed
- Ethanol Explosion! How to Profit
- The Pros and Cons of Corruption
- 13 More Tips to Avoid Ebusiness Plan Mistakes
- Should Communities be Allowed to Generate Their Own Power?
- Earth's Population to Drop by 80 Percent, Says Top UK Scientist
- Publish Anything: The Saga of a PublishAmerica Author
- Kirk Cousins Isn’t Worth A Shit
Ministers delivered bleak Brexit prediction as top negotiator warns there’s ‘no chance’ of bespoke trade deal with EU have 266 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 2, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.