I say that he also looks very familiar and the poor man looks confused for a minute. I can tell he’s thinking that of course I recognise him as I’ve just watched The Secret of Marrowbone in which he stars. But that’s not what I meant. In the movie, MacKay plays Jack Marrowbone, the eldest of four siblings who have to conceal their mother’s death to avoid being separated. When MacKay appeared on screen I was struck with a feeling of ‘knowing’ him. It wasn’t spooky or supernatural (like the film itself) it was just there. I suggest to MacKay that we knew each other in a previous life and he laughs. At 26 MacKay is typical of the new breed of up-and-coming actors – madly talented, good-looking and far too sorted for one so young – the drama is firmly kept on-screen. He’s good company, laughs easily and gives thoughtful honest answers to my questions. (Of course this might all be down to our past life connection.) I ask the screen star about being ‘talent-spotted’ aged 10. “More like I was looking a bit lost,” he jokes “it was a search for Lost Boys for Peter Pan (2003). “I’d… Read full this story
- The Best of ‘Army Man,’ the Humor Magazine That Was the Foundation of the Original ‘Simpsons’ Writers Room
- New 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' video takes a dive into the saga's underworld
- Salman Khan Turns Saviour For 18-Year-Old Boy Who Lost His Father To COVID-19
- Eva Mendes shares photos of her husband Ryan Gosling's late dog George: 'Missing this little dude so much it hurts'
- 15 Movies That Were Supposed to Star Another Actor
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order interview – ‘our project has always been single-player focused’
- Vietnamese man hailed for helping lost child get home at midnight
- Man Utd may have found their perfect Harry Kane and Erling Haaland transfer alternative
- What Disney Has Said About Making an 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire' Live Action Movie
- New movies 2021: what to watch in theaters this year – and which films are streaming
From Lost Boy to leading man George MacKay has maturity beyond his years and qualities to be a star have 339 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.