Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Briefing Subscribe Log In Subscribe Log In Today’s Paper Advertisement Supported by ByKaren Zraick and Hiroko Masuike July 30, 2018 (Want to get this briefing by email? Here’s the sign-up .) Good evening. Here’s the latest. 1. In Northern California, the death toll from the Carr Fire rose to six, and seven people are missing. The fire is only 20 percent contained, and it’s just one of about a dozen that emergency response crews have battled around the state in recent days. Above, a scene in Redding. Scientists link the new frequency and intensity of the state’s fires to climate change, which is also a driver of record-breaking heat waves around the world. We talked to people experiencing extreme temperatures on four continents, including a worker at an Algerian oil plant who walked off the job as the temperature hit 124 degrees Fahrenheit. “We couldn’t keep up,” he recalled. “It was impossible to do the work. It was hell.” On Wednesday, The Times Magazine comes out with a special single-story issue about the science of climate change. Sign up here to be notified when it’s published. _____ 2. President Trump reiterated… Read full this story
- Bass Fishing In Northern California - A Visual Treat Even To The Vision Impaired?
- House Dems to Trump Lawyer Giuliani: Give It Up, Rudy!
- GOP Lawmakers Watch Silently As Trump Strangles Each Of Their Loved Ones In Turn
- Trump Flees Government Oppression By Relocating Administration To Remote Cabin Compound In Mountains Of Idaho
- How to Handle Blue Mondays
- Donald Trump’s Lawyers Support Obama’s DACA Work Permits for Illegals
- Trump administration intensifies Syria damage-control efforts
- Harmeet Dhillon: Trump-hating California Dems attack democracy with absurd law to keep president off ballot
- The CBS Janet Jackson Super Bowl Halftime Wardrobe Malfunction Fine - An FCC Brain Malfunction
- Video of President Executing Media in Mock Church Shooting Shown at Trump Resort
California, Trump, CBS: Your Monday Evening Briefing have 323 words, post on www.nytimes.com at July 29, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.