Industrial production expands 18 percent in Tien Giang Workers at a seafood processing factory at the My Tho Industrial Park of Tien Giang province The Mekong Delta province of Tien Giang saw a record yearly growth of 18 percent in industrial production value in the first half of this year, to nearly 51.1 trillion VND (2.245 billion USD), according to Director of the province’s Department of Industry and Trade Ngo Van Tuan. The director said most major industries of the province such as food processing, beverages, garment making, shoes and metal production posted good growth compared to 2017. He noted that foreign-invested enterprises operating in key local industrial parks were the driving force behind the strong growth. Tuan cited as an example Heineken Vietnam Brewery Tien Giang whose beer output rose by 39.4 percent year on year. The local shoe making industry enjoyed a 25 percent growth with many orders from foreign partners, especially from China. The for-export tra fish processing industry also recorded an 18 percent increase despite trade barriers in the US. In the second half of the year, Tien Giang aims for 57.8 trillion VND (2.54 billion USD) in industrial production value, bringing the figure for the… Read full this story
- Suns open busy week with defensive test vs. Rockets
- The Latest: US lawmaker: Were bombers targeting Americans?
- The Latest: Brussels Airport to stay closed until Saturday
- The Latest: Family fears for US couple missing since attacks
- The Latest: Bahamas probes Brussels attacker's nationality
- The Latest: Israel offers Belgium anti-terror expertise
- The Latest: Officials: Paris bombmaker among Brussels dead
- The last time the LA Rams made a draft pick this player’s name was called
- Etem scores shootout winner as Canucks beat Oilers 4-3 in season finale
- Pelicans choose Hield with 6th overall pick in NBA draft
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 27/6 have 291 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at June 26, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.