Shane Dowrich led yet another West Indies rearguard with an unbeaten half-century. © AFP Shane Dowrich led yet another West Indies rearguard with an unbeaten half-century as the West Indies rallied from 53 for five to reach stumps at 132 without further loss on a rain-hit opening day of the third and final Test match. Almost half of the scheduled overs were lost to intermittent showers as day/night Test cricket came to the Caribbean for the first time, three years after the first such fixture was played between Australia and neighbours New Zealand in Adelaide. Having already played a vital role in the series with an unbeaten 125 that rescued the West Indies in the first innings of the series in Trinidad two weeks earlier, the wicketkeeper-batsman’s rich vein of form continued on his home ground Saturday at the Kensington Oval.His assured innings of 60 not out was well supported by Jason Holder, the West Indies captain contributing 33 not out in an unbroken sixth-wicket stand of 79 and going some way towards justifying his decision to bat first on a green pitch, notwithstanding the struggles faced by the home side’s top order against a Sri Lankan attack spearheaded by… Read full this story
- England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Preview, Timing, TV channel, Live Telecast, Live Streaming, Probable XI, Match predict
- West Indies has a well-versed bowling attack, wouldn't swap anyone with Archer: Dowrich
- We look at the West Indies squad England will face in Test series
- Shannon Gabriel named in West Indies squad for England series
- England vs West Indies 1st Test: Dream11 Team Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- ‘Need luxury of having runs on the board’: Brian Lara’s advice for West Indies team ahead of 1st Test against England
- Eyes on Southampton as England and West Indies end cricket's lockdown
- England vs West Indies 1st Test: Southampton Weather and Pitch Report - Will rain spoil return of cricket?
- England vs West Indies 1st Test Day 1: Toss delayed due to rain
- England vs West Indies, 1st Test: Start of Eng-WI delayed by rain
3rd Test: Shane Dowrich Rescues West Indies On Rain-Truncated Day have 338 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at June 24, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.