“Pardon My Take” is less than two years old and yet it is consistently one of the top podcasts across all subjects. The success of the podcast has come despite not being associated with a large, traditional media outlet. With The Chernin Group recently making an additional investment in Barstool, there’s no reason to believe their success will end any time soon. Super Bowl Media Day is a time for the teams to answer both serious and playful questions from dozens of media outlets from across the globe. But one of the fastest growing outlets in the US, Barstool Sports, continues to find itself on the outside looking in on Media Day. The controversial, but incredibly popular-among-men-ages-18-34 website has clashed with the National Football League frequently over the last few years. From four Barstool employees, including their president, getting arrested for protesting Tom Brady’s suspension, to the company producing Roger Goodell clown shirts, to the recent dispute over Barstool’s “Saturday’s are for the boys” trademark, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the league is trying to distance itself from Barstool. The league’s exclusion from media day hasn’t stopped Barstool though, with President David Portnoy sneaking in this year while podcast… Read full this story
- The multiplayer game that makes running less boring
- 3 ways to teach your child to be an eco-hero
- Podcasters find niche in the Arab world
- Millennial listeners drive boom in podcast popularity
- Modern families: Tuning into the top Irish parenting podcasts
- BBC director of radio James Purnell on the podcast revolution
- Taking the mic: how to master the DIY podcast
- The High Low podcast is going on its first UK tour
- Caitlin McBride: 'Meghan Markle is her own worst enemy'
- 7 ways to make your outside space sensational in ONE weekend
How Barstool created one of the most popular podcasts despite making enemies along the way have 294 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 1, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.