CNN poll shows surging public support for stricter gun laws after Florida shooting 0SHARES Share Tweet Email PHOTO: AFP WASHINGTON: Students and teachers preparing on Sunday to return to the Florida school that was the scene of a gruesome mass shooting called the prospect “daunting” and “scary” as they urged politicians to act swiftly to address gun violence. “Imagine being in a plane crash — and having to get on the plane every day and go somewhere else,” David Hogg, a survivor of the February 14 shooting at a Parkland, Florida high school, told ABC’s “This Week.” “I can’t imagine, emotionally, what me and my fellow students (will) go through that day.” Some students and teachers will be back at the school on Sunday for what is being called “orientation.” Teachers and staff are to return full-time on Monday and Tuesday to prepare their classrooms for students’ return on Wednesday. Seventeen people died in the attack. Authorities have charged a 19-year-old former student, Nikolas Cruz, in the assault. One teacher who has already been back told NPR radio that the shock of returning to a classroom left exactly as it had been during the attack — notebooks still on desks, the calendar… Read full this story
- Stoneman Douglas Students Make Emotional Return to School for Orientation
- President Trump Boasts He Would've Run Into Florida School to Charge Shooter — Even Without a Gun
- Hundreds of teachers have expressed interest in carrying a gun following the Florida school massacre
- Students and Teachers Share Hopes and Fears as They Return to School: 'It's Really Tough'
- Survivors of deadly Florida school shooting lash out at Trump
- Florida school shooting massacre victims torn from community fabric
- Coach Aaron Feis, a Shoulder to Lean on, Laid Down His Life for His Florida School Students
- Former student opens fire at Florida high school, killing 17
- Florida school shooting suspect faces trial for jail brawl
- Florida school shooting suspect faces trial in attack on jail guard
After shooting, students brace for emotional return to Florida school have 324 words, post on tribune.com.pk at February 25, 2018. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.