When it comes to comedies set in the world of information technology, few can surpass HBO’s Silicon Valley. Not only is it hilarious, but its portrayal of San Francisco’s tech scene has been described as so accurate it verges on a documentary. Although it’s certainly a lot sillier, British sitcom ‘The IT Crowd’ definitely has Silicon Valley beat when it comes to laughs per minute. The series, which ran for five seasons between 2006 and 2013 in the UK, followed a group of technical support workers within a large corporation. Now, a third effort is being made to adapt the comedy for American audiences. Back in 2007, NBC created an unsuccessful pilot for the US version of the show, which starred Community’s Joel McHale, Jessica St. Clair, and Richard Ayoade reprising his role of Moss. There was an attempt at another remake in 2014, but that also failed. Variety reports that this will be the first time an IT Crowd US reboot will be written by original creator Graham Linehan, who is also an executive producer on the new show. Linehan confirmed that the remake was being developer via twitter. “Oh, yeah. Working on it. Don’t expect the same kind… Read full this story
- The Simpsons will make television history Sunday
- London Marathon 2018 live race updates: Mo Farah finishes third in British record time
- Why Cars Intentionally Ramming Into Crowds Is A Relatively New Problem
- Too many cancer drugs? Crowded market gives investors pause
- As a Brit, hearing Germans talk about Russia makes me want to bang my head off a wall
- Late to the scary-movie game, John Krasinski scores with ‘Quiet’ smash hit
- Celebrating 60 years of the British Touring Car Championship at the Silverstone Classic 2018
- In latest JFK files, some tantalizing nuggets — and stuff that makes you go 'huh?'
- Liberia Holds a Free Election. Make That ‘Free-for-All.’
- 'The Handmaid's Tale' comes back to Hulu for second season
NBC is making a US version of smash British sitcom The IT Crowd, again have 313 words, post on www.techspot.com at December 15, 2017. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.