AS the unusual beauty of the fashion world, the in-demand cover girl with rock stars as arm-candy, Agyness Deyn was everywhere.Then, almost a decade ago, the chip-shop worker turned supermodel from Ramsbottom dropped off the radar.In her time out of the limelight, Agyness has seen one marriage go down the pan, got hitched again, quit modelling and got her kit off in a series of dodgy films.Now the 34-year-old Lancashire lass is about to be the name on everyone’s lips again, playing a tough cop in the new BBC1 crime drama Hard Sun.From the creator of Luther, the six-parter which starts next month is about a detective duo battling rising lawlessness as the apocalypse approaches.Agyness sees her character DI Elaine Renko as a chance to finally prove she is not just a pretty face.She says: “One of the things that really drew me to the part was the chance to play a woman who is enigmatic and strong-willed, but without the sexual projections that such roles usually have.“Renko is driven by the need to do what she knows is right.”She’d probably rather have a fight than an intimate conversation. She’s doing everything for a cause.”It’s a major about-turn for the… Read full this story
- The Moorside: Shannon Matthews drama divides opinion on Dewsbury estate
- Who is Catherine Tyldesley, is her Coronation Street character Eva Price leaving the Cobbles and could she return?
- How old is Danny Dyer, is Mick Carter leaving EastEnders and did he have an affair with Sarah Harding?
- Mel and Sue’s new Generation Game… as Brucie might say: ‘Didn’t they do hell?’
- Lisa Riley hints she could make Emmerdale return after 17 years
- Netflix in May: Every new TV show and film coming this month from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Dear White People to Taxi Driver
- A Decade After Revolution, Sri Lanka Dives Into Luxury
- Why two young Brits quit their city jobs, took pay cuts and started new lives as fish farmers and dung shovellers
- The Keith And Paddy Picture Show, Car Share and Poldark return in huge new line up of spring TV
- Saint's bone, found in rubbish, returned to Catholic Church
Agyness Deyn returns to the spotlight in new BBC drama Hard Sun after decade off-grid have 365 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 17, 2017. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.