Residents of Sun City Grand in Surprise are fighting to keep an exterior feature hundreds of them have had for years — side borders along their painted driveways.Their homeowners association wants the borders gone.The issue surfaced in April when the Sun City Grand Community Association Management’s Architectural Review Committee, which reviews whether home exteriors meet design guidelines, found 606 homes with non-complaint driveway borders within the planned community of 10,000 homes.The committee reduced the number to 223 after finding several hundred residents had received approval from developers or the committee itself for the borders.The committee demands that those without approval paint over their borders — a request some residents consider unreasonable.Driveway “borders” or “barriers” range in appearance but typically look like rectangles or bricks that are painted a different color than the driveway.These painted bricks line the side of some driveways, which the HOA’s Architectural Review Committee says breaks code.The committee has sent letters to residents saying they have to repaint their driveway so it’s the same color. Residents asked the committee why the borders were an issue but said the committee has remained silent.In general, HOAs maintain common areas in planned developments and also set out certain rules that all residents must follow called covenants, conditions, and… Read full this story
- BJP sweep in Arunachal in 2019 amid violence over PRC, CAA
- Datebook: Lezley Saar conjures magical beings in a solo show at Walter Maciel
- The 22 best US national parks to escape the crowds, chosen by experts
- Ultimate sacrifice: All the officers who died in the line of duty in 2019
- Promoting weekend tourism in suburbs
- From a two-bed flat in south London to a grade II listed country retreat in Wales: Britain now has almost 800,000 £1million homes... so what could a million pounds buy YOU around the country?
- Juarez's Biggest Booster Is An Irish-American Congressman
- Classical music in L.A. this week: Salutes to Martin Luther King Jr. and more
- Movies on TV this week: Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020
- Can Michael Bloomberg convince California voters he should be president?
HOA, Sun City Grand residents clash over painted driveway borders have 337 words, post on www.usatoday.com at September 18, 2017. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.