Warning: This post contains spoilers for the Star Wars: Rebels episode “Twin Suns.” From a certain point of view, Obi-Wan Kenobi sits at the very center of the entire Star Wars saga. Dead or alive, Kenobi is the only human character who shows his face in every episode of the original and prequel trilogies. His inability to prevent the rise of the Empire, or the creation of Darth Vader, is the core story of Episodes I-III. Kenobi’s nurturing of Luke — and lying to the kid about his dad — sets in motion the core story of Episodes IV-VI. The core mystery of how he turned into a Force ghost when he lost his duel with Darth Vader in Star Wars lasted six whole movies. SEE ALSO: Mark Hamill shared ‘perhaps the very first’ photo of Luke Skywalker and it’s a real nostalgia trip Whenever the Jedi Master shows up in Star Wars canon, it’s a big deal. Especially when we finally get to see him on Tatooine, roughly disguised as the crazy old wizard Ben Kenobi who guards young Luke Skywalker from a distance, destroying an old enemy, and confirming the reason for his lonely vigil. That’s what the… Read full this story
- The Empire Strikes Back at 40: did the Star Wars saga peak too early?
- Fifteen years on, how does Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith stand up?
- The Mandalorian Season 2 casting rumors represent Star Wars at its worst
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker IMAX 3D review - Is it worth seeing in IMAX 3D?
- Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker cast: Who is actually in Episode 9?
- Fans furious as Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker ending, final shot leaks online
- Official Star Wars 7 Millennium Falcon Video Reveals Batmobile Surprise!
- Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker runtime: How long is it compared to the others?
- Empire Strikes Back turns 40: Brutal reality of filming iconic Star Wars scene
- Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker end credits scene: Is there a post-credits scene?
Obi-Wan Kenobi is back. Here's what it means for the Star Wars saga. have 341 words, post on mashable.com at March 20, 2017. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.