The best moment Donald Trump has had in his tumultuous first three weeks in the White House was the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. The roll-out was pitch perfect. Trump for once was not over the top. And by common consent, Gorsuch is admirably qualified and a great guy. Now the President risks messing it all up. Part of the problem is the almost vertical learning curve to which this most ignorant and least experienced president in history has inevitably been subjected. Mastery of Twitter is fine but it doesn't cut the mustard. But the biggest problem, and the biggest lesson, is another: you can't run the government like a business. If there's one thing Trump adores, it's sitting in at his desk in the Oval Office, with those spanking new gold curtains behind him and the portrait of that earlier populist chief executive Andrew Jackson over his shoulder, signing presidential orders that are down payments on his campaign promises. Obamacare is to be subjected to slow death by government agencies. Wham. An order decreeing that a "continuous physical wall" be constructed along the border with Mexico. Wham. An order taking aim at organised crime, drug cartels… Read full this story
- Book Review - Think Like a Billionaire by Donald Trump
- How other countries see Donald Trump, in a single image
- Harry Dunn's parents say Donald Trump asked them 'THREE times' to meet their son's 'killer' Anne Sacoolas in the White House to 'get some HEALING' - but they refused in hope she will face justice in UK
- 'Boris asked me to do it': Donald Trump says he invited parents of Harry Dunn to meet their son's killer Anne Sacoolas at the White House 'only because Boris Johnson asked him to'
- Donald Trump claims 'there is NO WAY' any Democrat in Ohio debate could win the White House as he blasts 'illegal & absurd Impeachment' and predicts stock market crash if he loses
- 'I think I was excusing myself from the room,' Nancy Pelosi says of THAT photo Donald Trump tweeted from their fiery White House meeting - and hints she wants the audio leaked next
- Spotlight on a Millionaire - Donald Trump
- Donald Trump calls Turkish invasion of Syria 'strategically BRILLIANT' for the U.S. as he slams Kurds as 'no angels' and says: 'There's a lot of sand they can play with. It's not our problem'
- Rudy Giuliani faces more claims of interfering in foreign policy: Personal attorney repeatedly urged Donald Trump to kick out a Turkish cleric Erdogan blamed for an alleged coup attempt - at same time as representing Turkish-Iranian businessman
- CNN, NYT, Democrats Ignore Wages as Donald Trump Touts Pay Raises
Donald Trump is finally realising that you cannot run the US government like a business have 450 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at February 18, 2017. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.