The new Collective Bargaining Agreement reportedly includes key changes for restricted free agents: Restricted free agents will be able to sign offer sheets July 1, not the day after the moratorium (which is slated to be July 12 next summer). The incumbent team will have 48, down from 72, hours to match an offer sheet. Teams won’t be allowed to rescind qualifying offers. David Aldridge of NBA.com: Yet most agents reached over the weekend think there will be little meaningful chance for restricted free agents “Any changes made will be minimally helpful to players, at best,” one prominent agent said. That sounds like significant change to me. In fact, I wondered whether the reported changes were being accurately conveyed because they sounded too friendly to restricted free agents. Allowing restricted free agents to sign offer sheets before unrestricted free agents can sign contracts could have a huge effect. In previous years, teams chased unrestricted free agents first and then looked into restricted free agents if there was money left after the moratorium. Suddenly, that would be reversed. Teams could take a swing at a restricted free agent – or six – and know their fate on an offer-sheet match before… Read full this story
- Fortnite Season 9 update - map changes, new locations, skins & Battle Pass info
- Prince Harry's move sparks rumors of rift between Kate and Meghan: report
- 7 New Raspbian Features to Start Using on Your Raspberry Pi
- That'll get them talking! Cody Simpson shares an X-rated message about climate change as he strips off for racy bedroom snap
- Sixth person dies after New Zealand volcano eruption, police to launch criminal investigation
- Fires, floods and free parking: California's unending fight against climate change
- Leaked Report: WWF-Backed Guards Raped Pregnant Women And Tortured Villagers At A Wildlife Park Funded By The US Government
- Russian 'Fake News': Reports of Wada Whistleblower's Suicide Attempt Are 'Fictional'
- Ylands, the sandbox survival game from the makers of Arma, goes free and exits Early Access on Steam
- Nazi Torture Doctor's 'Jewish Skeleton Collection' at Center of University Probe
Report: Agents expect minimal change for restricted free agents under new Collective Bargaining Agreement have 338 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at December 13, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.