There are a variety of reasons you might find yourself at the cinema come 26 December: to escape the summer heat, to flee the Boxing Day sales or to find an oasis away from the ruckus of a house filled with over-stuffed family. There are already a bunch of big movies out now in Australia – Rogue One for the Star Wars fans, Trolls for the kids, Fantastic Beasts for everybody, Office Christmas Party for nobody – but the official release dates are held for some films to make the most of the festive rush. Here are our picks of that bunch. Moana, directed by Ron Clements and Don Hall Starring: Auli’i Cravalho, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Jemaine Clement What it is: Disney’s latest animated musical dips its toes into Polynesian culture to tell the story of a teenage girl’s quest to sail across the ocean and save her homeland from ecological disaster. Moana (voiced by newcomer Cravalho) is the daring, strong and smart young woman at the centre of the tale; next in line to be her island’s chief, she’s notable for being a Disney “princess” with no love interest and – gasp! – a normal-shaped body. Moana breaks… Read full this story
- Cannes Film Festival 2012: An American influx at French institution
- Kentucky films make it big at LA Film Festival, SXSW - and now at home
- Montclair Film Festival is one link in a chain
- 33 picks to see at the 2016 Milwaukee Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival, New York's biggest, boasts a rich range of movies leading up to 'The Avengers'
- Stephen and Evelyn Colbert are Montclair Film Festival's guardian angels
- 'Sugar!' sweet to Alice Ripley, new film fest
- The top 10 movie picks for the week of April 7, 2013
- You have 68 spring 2017 festivals to choose from in metro Phoenix - get out there
- Indie Memphis: 2017 Film Festival Award Winners
Boxing Day films in Australia: our pick of the festive releases have 303 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 21, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.