Former President Bill Clinton could make history this November as the first first gentleman. But his speech making the case for his wife at the Democratic convention Tuesday night was a historic moment in and of itself. As the Chicago Tribune put it, he was “a former president who wants to be first man extolling the virtues of a former first lady who wants to be president.” “Only the Clintons.” And the former president was in true Clinton form on the second night of the Democratic convention in Philadelphia, as he took the stage in support of wife Hillary Clinton following her official nomination. He captivated the audience with a colorful, “awwww-inducing” yarn of the moment he first laid eyes on Hillary Rodham Clinton in a classroom at Yale Law School. He recalled her “big blonde hair, BIG glasses, wore no makeup and she exuded this sense of strength and self-possession that I found magnetic.” “I followed her out, intending to introduce myself. I got close enough to touch her back – but I couldn’t. Somehow, I knew this wouldn’t be just another tap on the shoulder and I might be starting something I couldn’t stop.” When he finally got… Read full this story
- Will Abortion Become Illegal? Democrats in New Mexico Are Making Plans in Case Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade
- Full of energy, Josh Okogie is making a strong case for a spot in the Timberwolves’ rotation
- Trump defends daughter, says Ivanka emails weren't like Hillary Clinton's
- President George H. W. Bush Dies at 94
- WATCH LIVE: Bush, president and patriarch, is home for Texas burial
- Biden says he's 'most qualified' to be president. So what?
- Another Hillary Clinton presidential campaign? Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey says it's not a good idea
- Trump Pays Personal Tribute to 'Beautiful' Life of George H.W. Bush, Who Died Aged 94
- Ivanka Trump used personal account to send emails about government business
- Investigations Into The Personal and Political Mount For Trump
Bill Clinton Makes Intensely Personal Case for His Wife to Be Entrusted with the Presidency have 325 words, post on people.com at July 26, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.