PARIS (AP) The Latest on the French Open (all times local): — 9:25 p.m. Having reached the French Open semifinals for the first time, No. 4-seeded Garbine Muguruza will be drawing on the experience of reaching the Wimbledon semis last year to soothe her nerves. ”There is always a little bit of stress,” she said. ”I have already experienced that situation at Wimbledon, so you see things differently and you know what you have to do.” After losing in the quarterfinals the past two years at Roland Garros, the 22-year-old Spaniard overcome that hurdle by beating American Shelby Rogers 7-5, 6-3. Now Muguruza is focusing on clearing her mind completely before facing No. 21-seeded Samantha Stosur – who will be playing in her fourth semifinal in Paris and reached the final in 2010. ”It’s very difficult to maintain your peace of mind when you reach the semifinal of a Grand Slam,” Muguruza said. ”You have to do away with the secondary thoughts.” Speaking to the media can prove a distraction for Muguruza, who prefers to stay out of the limelight. ”I try to isolate myself, because you have to answer lots of questions during the interviews,” she said. ”I want… Read full this story
- Novak Djokovic set to be BANNED from Australian Open with unvaccinated tennis players not allowed into country
- 'It could get very ugly!' France and UK on verge of open confrontation over Brexit fishing
- Indian Wells Tennis: Murray wins opener; Raducanu ousted
- Stellantis is the latest automaker planning an expensive EV battery factory
- Brexit latest: Brussels hardball tactic obliterated by damning new report - 'EU needs UK!'
- Thousands of online, sports bets placed on Conn.'s 1st day
- Kraken post 1st NHL victory, spoiling Preds' opener 4-3
- Ready to attack! Furious French fishermen warn UK blockade chaos could start in HOURS
- The Latest: Another record in Russia's daily virus numbers
- Man Utd news LIVE: Lingard to Barcelona or Milan, Cristiano Ronaldo deal may convince Pogba to stay – transfer latest
The Latest: Muguruza fully focused on 1st French Open semi have 324 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 1, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.