JEONGSEON, South Korea (AP) With his wife about to give birth back home in Lake Placid, New York, American skier Andrew Weibrecht felt conflicted about traveling to Asia to test the downhill and super-G course that will be used for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics. But with super-G points on the line Sunday and Weibrecht contending for the season-long World Cup title in the discipline, his wife Denja told him to go. ”It was tough but at the same time she was really supportive of it and she really wanted me to do it,” Weibrecht said after tying for fourth with teammate Travis Ganong in Thursday’s opening downhill training session. ”She wanted me to be home but she felt strongly that I come over and see this through.” Weibrecht got word Thursday that doctors told his wife they need to induce labor. ”We were sure she was going to be late,” Weibrecht added. ”It’s pretty typical the first baby is late. The due date was Saturday. So we just missed it on the wrong side by two days. Obviously I wanted to be there.” A two-time Olympic medalist in super-G, the 29-year-old Weibrecht is having a breakout season. While he had… Read full this story
- How Humanizing NBA Referees Underscores Their Craft And Labor
- Brooklyn Beckham cuts a casual figure in jeans and a white T-shirt as he goes shopping with friends in LA after celebrating Halloween with his family
- The red Russian uniforms won’t be in Pyeongchang, but the athletes will
- FMIA: With or Without Laces, Jon Gruden Just Wants to Compete
- Bode Miller and his wife open up about daughter's drowning: 'In the blink of an eye'
- goes to 2013 Griffin King of the Hammers
- Editorial: General Motors Death Watch 245: Core Competency
- Miranda Lambert addresses Blake Shelton divorce: 'I'm just going through stuff everybody else goes through'
- Fast camping: Alfa Romeo Giulia QF goes to the country
- North and South Korea Plan to Jointly Bid on 2032 Summer Olympics
Weibrecht competes in Pyeongchang as wife goes into labor have 321 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 4, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.