The bubbling cauldron of obscure fetishes and exotic sexualities that is the internet has produced some pretty strange micro-communities over the years. One of the strangest and most difficult to understand is objectophilia, the inclination to form emotional and sexual bonds with inanimate objects. You know, like Erika Eiffel, the lady who married the Eiffel Tower? According to a 2008 documentary on Eiffel, there are only around 40 self-proclaimed “objectum sexuals” in the world, seemingly all of whom have appeared on a TLC documentary at one point or another. Advertisement These documentaries aside, there aren’t many fictional depictions of objectophilia in pop culture, most of which are played for laughs. It’s not as common as fictional depictions of sex dolls, for example, or people falling in love with computers, or androids, or the disembodied spirit of a lover possessing a sword or a brain in a jar. But there are a few odd souls in TV, movies, book, and comics who let their freak flags fly, and who dared to love—or maybe just lust after—non-humanoid things. 1. Gene and the toilet, Bob’s Burgers You could probably create an entire Inventory based on Gene’s psychosexual urges in Bob’s Burgers, but the… Read full this story
- The top 10 difficult love stories
- Matthew McConaughey Can't Stand Kate Hudson's Love Fern From
- Love Super Mario? Top-rated Super Mario games for an enchanted Nintendo Switch experience
- 'Fortnite' Update 10.40 Adds Starry Suburbs & the Combine - Patch Notes
- Love Aaj Kal: Imtiaz Ali gives a peek into modern love through art, graffiti, easter eggs, Delhi and the mighty Himalayas
- Here’s how Randeep Hooda’s character brings a twist in Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal
- Richa Chadha shares intriguing look from her upcoming 'intense love drama'
- Sara Ali Khan On Love Aaj Kal Trolls: 'Feedback Should Be Constructive & Not For The Heck Of It'
- Imtiaz Ali: I don't think I know anything about love
- Brainteaser challenges puzzlers to find the word 'love' amongst the scattered letters - but can YOU beat the 73 second record?
Objects of their affection: 10 characters in love with the inanimate have 332 words, post on tv.avclub.com at February 10, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.