The Surface Book is the first of a new line of laptops from Microsoft with a twist, the screen comes off. Microsoft’s Surface Pro line started off clunky: big, heavy and rather industrial in design. The latest Surface Pro 4 is thinner and more capable, but pretty much the same: a Windows 10 tablet with a removable keyboard. But the Surface Book is a different animal altogether: a laptop first, tablet second. It sounds like an odd distinction, but it makes quite a difference if the keyboard is your primary driver of a computer. Laptop first, tablet second Speaking of the keyboard, it isn’t just a dumb accessory. It holds a larger battery, an SD card slot, two USB 3.0 ports, a mini DisplayPort and a magnetic charging socket. But it can also have a discrete graphics card within it, depending on the model, giving the Surface Book much more grunt when required. The rest of the workings of the computer are included in the screen, which makes it even more remarkable just how thin it is. The screen and keyboard are connected by a fancy Fulcrum hinge that rolls out instead of just pivoting. It extends the length of… Read full this story
- Amazon is giving 12% off on Microsoft Surface Book 3
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for March 2021
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for April 2021
- Best Prime Day Microsoft Surface deals 2021: What to expect
- We can’t believe how cheap the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is at Best Buy
- We can’t believe how good this Microsoft Surface Pro 7 deal is at Staples
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is ridiculously cheap at Best Buy today!
- Staples is practically giving away the Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 review: Steps in the right direction
- Best cheap Best Buy laptop deals for April 2021
Microsoft Surface Book review: the best Windows laptop, with detachable screen have 296 words, post on www.theguardian.com at February 25, 2016. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.