Apple says the future of TV is apps. That may or may not prove true, but after a couple days with the new Apple TV, it’s a compelling argument. Turns out custom-building a TV from a broad palette of apps that includes everything from pay TV channels and games to travel accommodation services and Periscope is a great way to get exactly the TV experience you want — or close to it, anyway. The new Apple TV isn’t just an upgraded set-top box, it’s the first “true” Apple TV, one that articulates Apple’s vision of what the TV viewing experience should be. It’s an appealing vision.With the exception of Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV offers all the stuff I want to watch — Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Showtime, and YouTube. It also has a bunch of stuff I don’t want to watch — AOL On and Yahoo Screen. Maybe you will. But since Apple has forgone its practice of forcibly installing garbage like that on Apple TVs via software update, I’ll never have to deal with it. Incidentally, that Amazon Prime Video is the exception to the conga line of content offerings above is entirely Amazon’s doing. A ~magnanimous~ Apple… Read full this story
- Maybe the future of Apple TV is no Apple TV
- Best Apple TV deals: top offers for Summer 2021
- Where to watch Apple TV+: iPhone, iPad, Mac, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, smart TVs, and more
- Check out the trailer for the Bruce Springsteen documentary 'Letter to You' coming to Apple TV+
- tvOS 15: New features coming to the Apple TV
- Jon Stewart's Apple TV+ show begins filming text week and you can be there
- Apple TV+ picks up Russian, multi-language shows by Alexander Rodnyansky
- Take a first look at Apple TV+ show 'Schmigadoon!' ahead of its July 16 debut
- Anne Hathaway & co-stars are filming Apple TV+ show 'WeCrashed' in New York
- Jared Leto could be coming to Apple TV+ in 'WeCrashed'
The Apple TV You've Always Wanted Is Finally Here have 322 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at October 29, 2015. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.