September 17, 2015 – 10:29 BST hellomagazine.com The romantic proposal happened as the sun was setting over the sand dunes in Namibia There was some wonderful news from TV presenter Steve Backshall and Olympic rower Helen Glover on Thursday – they are engaged after a romantic trip to Africa. The proposal took place in Namibia during a holiday that is being covered in a future issue of HELLO! Helen announced the news on Twitter, telling followers that she is “the happiest girl in the world” and posting a picture of a gorgeous sparkler. Steve, a former contestant on last year’s Strictly Come Dancing, posted his own tweet saying: “Sunset in the Namib desert, I asked the most beautiful girl in the world to marry me & she said yes!” Happiest girl in the world!!! Most romantic moment ever as the sun was setting in Namibia ❤️🌞💍 @SteveBackshall pic.twitter.com/EOT3wj3ib7 — Helen Glover (@Helenglovergb) September 16, 2015 The couple, who are seen walking hand-in-hand over sand dunes looking overjoyed in their pictures, are perfectly matched. While Helen is a gold medal holder from the 2012 Olympics and ranked number two in the world among female rowers, Steve is something of an action… Read full this story
- Captain Sir Tom Moore beats Joe Wicks and Marcus Rashford to be crowned nation’s Digital Lockdown Hero
- The ultimate lockdown hideaways! Shed of the Year 2020 finalists include 'self-isolation inn' with cocktail bar and a hot tub and NHS visor workshop
- The double life of Johnny Vegas
- Wikipedia Bans Paid Editing Firm, Mass-Deletes Articles
- Two Western hostages freed after 15-month captivity in Africa's Sahel
Steve Backshall and Helen Glover engaged have 261 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at September 17, 2015. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.