A 29-year-old man was found dead in New York City’s ritzy Pierre Hotel on Thursday morning of an apparently accidental prescription drug overdose, police sources said. The body of Davis Evans of Athens, Ga., was found in his room at 8:50 a.m. by housekeepers at the Fifth Ave. hotel. The body was on the floor and several empty prescription bottles were nearby, police sources said. The woman he was with awoke as hotel employees were entering and later told police Evans was in New York on business and showed no signs of being depressed. “It looks like an accidental overdose,” one source said. “It appears he took too many pills.” An autopsy will determine the cause of death. The medication was properly obtained, the source said. The type of pills involved was unclear. Join the Conversation:
- WWE star Scott Hall nearly died from demons as trauma of killing man was 'burnt in brain'
- Joseph Hatchett, First Black Florida Supreme Court Justice Dies At 88
- Why the Very Young are Dying
- Prince 'Tried To Beat The S*** Out Of' Sinead O'Connor While On Hard Drugs, Singer Claims
- Boohoo boss found overdosed son, 20, dead in bed when he didn't wake up for work
- Sex, Drugs, and the Biggest Cybercrime of All Time
- What Happened Inside Ed Buck’s Apartment?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Biden launches blitz for jobs plan with 'thank you, Georgia'
- Sheldon Adelson, Billionaire Donor to G.O.P. and Israel, Is Dead at 87
- Missing Adult May Have Fallen Off Boat Near Marine Stadium
Man dies at Pierre Hotel in apparent prescription drug overdose: sources have 249 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at April 23, 2015. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.