Every day, Watch This offers staff recommendations inspired by a new movie coming out that week. This month: The A.V. Club atones for its sins of omission, recommending the best movies of the year that we didn't review. Watch Taika Waititi “borrowed” Peter Jackson’s gear for What We Do In The Shadows 01:03 Now playing Brad Pitt is contemplating the end of his movie career Wednesday 8:01PM 01:54 Now playing 5 fake films we wish were real Wednesday 5:55PM Honeymoon (2014) There's a reason why filmmakers keep remaking Invasion Of The Body Snatchers , and it's that the movie's central phobia—a concern that the people around you aren't who they say they are—can be applied to all manner of stories, environments, and situations. As irrational fears go, it's damn near universal. Honeymoon , an indie horror film by first-time director Leigh Janiak, isn't actually a remake of Don Siegel's 1956 sci-fi classic, nor is it an adaptation of the Jack Finney source material. The movie operates, instead, like a spiritual descendant of Body Snatchers , using a familiar pod-person scenario to address a common anxiety—namely, that your spouse and soul mate, the person you've promised to spend the rest of… Read full this story
- Where Jason Reitman Went Wrong
- The Bachelor: Matt James weeps after Serena Pitt rejects him following hometown visits on ABC show
- Can the Weeknd Turn Himself Into the Biggest Pop Star in the World?
- Matthew Taylor Coleman QAnon news – Santa Barbara Lovewater surf school owner kills kids over wife Abby’s ‘serpant DNA’
- The starry Airport movies reach great heights of unintentional comedy
- 35 New And Upcoming Sci-Fi Thrillers You Won’t Want To Put Down
- Stephen Tobolowsky
- The Outer Limits, “The Man Who Was Never Born”
- The Displaced: Hana
- The A.V. Club’s 20 best albums of 2017
The horror of realizing you may have married the wrong person have 311 words, post on www.avclub.com at December 23, 2014. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.