So here we go – a complete transcript of Digital Foundry’s discussions on the Xbox One architecture with two integral members of the team that helped create the hardware. We’re looking at around an hour’s worth of very dense tech talk here, much of which you will not have seen before. But first, a little background. How did this opportunity come about? At Gamescom in August, it became clear that Microsoft was looking to adjust its stance on how it talked about its hardware from a technological perspective. Almost certainly this came about owing to an overall spec sheet that does not look too encouraging compared to the equivalent metrics being offered by Sony for the PlayStation 4, and it was clear that gamer interpretations of some of the specs didn’t quite square with Microsoft’s thinking over its design. Over and above the upcoming console war though, it’s clear that Xbox One has been designed with a very different philosophy in mind, with some ambitious tech powering elements such as concurrent apps and multiple virtual machines. There’s a very different approach to GPU compute too – not to mention the whole balance argument. Coming out of the experience, it was… Read full this story
- How to Avoid Hiring the Wrong Architect
- Xbox 360 3 Red Lights Fix - Fix This Problem Today!
- The Top Game Consoles - A Complete Package of Fun and Excitement!
- Xbox 360 Accessories - What They Are and Why You Need Them
- Xbox 360 Games - Your Perfect Companion to Be Entertained
- Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii - Get the Thrilling Experience of High-Tech Gaming
- Peggy Fleming's 13 Minute Interview - 4 Tips on Shooting Fast
- Product Creation Advice - 7 Secrets to Borrow Someone Else's Expertise and Interview Your Way to Inf
- Digital Transcription
- Interview With Rick Becker-Leckrone, CEO of BlendImages Stock Agency
Digital Foundry: the complete Xbox One architects interview have 297 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 5, 2013. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.