The start to NFL free agency was just as wild as expected. With the signing period entering its second week, here’s a team-by-team breakdown of what players were added, lost and what still must get addressed during the offseason. Team: Miami Free-agent signings: WR Mike Wallace (Pittsburgh), WR Brandon Gibson (St. Louis), TE Dustin Keller (New York Jets), LB Dannell Ellerbe (Baltimore), LB Phillip Wheeler (Oakland). Players lost: RB Reggie Bush (Detroit), TE Anthony Fasano (Kansas City), LT Jake Long (St. Louis), LB Kevin Burnett (cut/Oakland), LB Karlos Dansby (cut), CB Sean Smith (Kansas City). What was addressed?: Although they needed to tender a whopping five-year, $60 million contract to seal the deal, the Dolphins got the deep threat the offense sorely needed in Wallace. Keller should prove a receiving upgrade to Fasano if he can stay healthy and Gibson is another nice upgrade for the wide receiver corps. Miami must hope that Ellerbe and Wheeler provide more defensive juice than Dansby and Burnett, who didn’t make enough big plays after signing as free agents. What wasn’t?: Smith’s departure creates an even big hole at cornerback. Atlanta’s Brent Grimes took a free-agent visit last Friday as a potential addition. The… Read full this story
- 2020 NFL free agency: Giants' Joe Judge is 'excited' about eventually talking to Markus Golden
- Steelers 2020 offseason tracker: Key dates, free agency scorecard, NFL draft results, latest updates and more
- WNBA free agency 2020: Las Vegas Aces re-sign All-Star center Liz Cambage
- Mike McCarthy forced Cowboys into paradigm shift in 2020 free agency and draft: It's 'players over system'
- Heat free agency update: LeBron to meet with Riley; Rockets go hard after Chris Bosh
- A’s Marcus Semien changes agents with eye toward extension — or free agency
- Cardinals' Yadier Molina plans to test free agency without contract extension
- Adam Schefter on Cam Newton's free agency options, mindset
- Jaguars agree to terms with 18 undrafted free agents
- Book review: Author Steven Levy goes beyond bits, bytes and balance sheets to tell the inside story of Facebook
Reviewing the madness of free agency have 331 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 17, 2013. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.