General Phung Quang Thanh, Minister of National Defence of Vietnam, on June 5 delivered a speech at the fifth plenary session of the Shangri-La Dialogue, stating that Vietnam ‘s defence policies are directed at peace and self-defence.
The fifth plenary session of the 10 th Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore focused on responding to new maritime security threats in the East Sea.
The Vietnamese Minister said “Responding to New Maritime Security Threats” is really a theme of crucially topical relevance to the peace, stability and development in the region and the world.
- Universities’ cyber defences overcome by hackers in just two hours, test finds
- Brexit poses ‘existential’ threat to security and peace process
- Climate Change Minister James Shaw spent most on international travel
- Brexit live: Prime Minister loses Commons vote on Brexit proposals
- European Defence Fund on track for vote in April
- Military is ‘ready to respond’ to help fight Britain’s knife crime crisis, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson reveals
- Germany on the defence over military spending shortfalls
- Bloody Sunday families call for investigation into Defence Secretary’s comments
- Explainer: Who might be Britain's next prime minister if May quits?
- Paul Speller's political preview: New law would stop ministers meddling in justice system