Local leaders will plant a sapling Friday so it can take root in Brooklyn’s metaphoric bedrock, much like Hope Reichbach did. Borough President Marty Markowitz, Councilman Steven Levin, Reichbach’s family and hundreds of others are expected to gather on Brooklyn Borough Hall Plaza for a London Plane tree planting ceremony to honor the 22-year-old, who died of an apparent accidental drug overdose last month. Children from Strong Place Day Care Center will also sing the song “I’ll Make the Difference” in honor of the young woman who worked to help save their center from budget cuts. “Hope was always in the middle of civic life here in Brooklyn, always a part of the action and excitement that is Brooklyn,” said Levin (D-Boerum Hill), who was Reichbach’s boss. “The planting of a magnificent tree in the center of Brooklyn’s civic district is a fitting tribute to our beautiful Hope.” A living memorial is an apt honor for Reichbach, a lifelong Boerum Hill resident who considered “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn” a favorite childhood book, her mother Ellen Meyers said. “This is something that Hope would really love – the idea that she will be memorialized in the heart of Brooklyn in a very… Read full this story
- Alexei Navalny Calls Mass Protests in His Honor the 'Salvation of Russia'
- Derek Chauvin trial: Prosecutors' case nears end as George Floyd's brother, use of force expert testify
- Texas business owners split over lifting of state COVID mandates
- George Floyd's brother remembers their childhood in emotional testimony at murder trial of accused former cop Derek Chauvin
- MarijuanAmerica: Inside America’s Last Growth Industry
- Our Last Shows: A Look Back at Final Concerts Before the World Went Quiet
- James Taylor: The First Family of the New Rock
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 3
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 13
- The Police Killing Of Daunte Wright Sparked A Third Night Of Protests: "It Could’ve Been Me"
A tree to grow in Brooklyn to honor political aide Hope Reichbach, who died of accidental overdose have 314 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 25, 2011. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.