The majority section of Indian society, the ‘concerned’ Hindu citizens are demanding that the Indian Muslims must immediately start to speak out and take counteractive steps against the terrorist attacks instigated by fundamentalist and anti-national Muslim groups. They are outright critical about the attitude of common Muslims and Muslim organizations of the country for not doing enough to voice their protest and instead preferring to remain mere spectators of the spiteful events. They have raised a ‘valid’ question: is this not the ideal time for Indian Muslims to prove their loyalty to the Indian state? If they are honestly against these felonious acts of homegrown terrorists, if they genuinely feel that terrorists are demeaning the entire Muslim population and in the name of Islam destabilizing the Indian society, then why are they not coming out in flocks to express their concern? A lot of voices have been built up in favor of the above view. Therefore, it is worth probing the elements of this complicated topic in detail.During the Partition of India in 1947, a substantial number of Muslim families decided to live in secular India instead of migrating to Islamic Pakistan. It was a difficult but cognizant decision, based… Read full this story
- 26/11 attacks anniversary: Officer who helped plant Indian SIM cards in LeT reveals how response unfolded
- 4 ways to tackle Islamic State's terror
- Who are the terror groups jostling for influence in Bangladesh?
- What is terrorism? The controversial label that is used and abused around the world
- Commando 3 just made it more difficult for Muslims to prove their patriotism
- Heartbroken Anthony Mundine embraces a grieving Muslim as he joins prayers outside a mosque attacked in Christchurch
- 26/11 anniversary: Pakistan slammed in London and Washington for sponsoring terror
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary prowls streets unsupervised in UK terror hotbed despite bail conditions
- Terror in the UK: A timeline of recent attacks
- The Latest: London counter-terrorism team seeks images
Indian Muslims and Terrorism - A Short Discourse have 312 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 16, 2008. This is cached page on The World Articles. If you want remove this page, please contact us.